Save more energy and store more using the Solar Mall
- Ability to place one through quest!
- Saves space for your businesses!
- Requires less energy when collecting!
- Great rewards for completing associated quests!
- Q: What are the pre-requisites for this feature?
A: This feature is available to players Level 20+.
- Q: Can I store premium businesses in this Solar Mall?
A: No, this mall only stores regular businesses
- Q: What is the size of the Solar Mall?
A: This item has a 4 x 8 footprint.
- Q: Do I supply this with regular or premium goods?
A: This item takes both types of goods
- Q: How many businesses can I place in the Solar Mall?
A: This mall can hold up to 15 businesses.
- Q: Can I build more than one (1) Solar Mall?
A: Currently you can only receive one Solar Mall through the associated quest!
- Q: Which businesses can I place in the Solar Mall
A: Most businesses available in the Build Menu should be placeable in this Mall.
- Q: Will businesses placed in the Solar Mall still count towards quests?
A: No, if a quest requires you to have a specific business you would have to remove it from your neighborhood and placed it in your city; if a quest requires you to collect from a specific business you would have to remove it from your Mall, place it in your city, and collect from it as many times as needed.
- Q:What happens if I remove the Solar Mall?
A: It will be placed back into your Inventory.
- Q:How will I know how much energy I'm saving?
A: We will track the amount of energy you save in your Solar Mall.
- Q: Can I upgrade the Solar Mall?
A: Yes, you can upgrade it to hold more businesses. Please see part 2 of this guide for more information.
- Q: Will the Solar Mall's appearance change with each upgrade level?
A: Yes, it will!
Step by Step Guide: Build!
- Once you have reached Level 20 you will see the following quest icon and receive the quest to build the Solar Mall.
- Place the Solar Mall to start to build it. Note: This building will take 10 clicks to Build.
- Once this item has been placed and built you will need to collect buildable parts. You can get these by sending requests to your friends and posting requests to your feed, as well as by purchasing them with City Cash. Once you have gathered all the parts, just click on "Finish Building" to complete the construction.
- Once the Solar Mall is built, you will see a door icon appear. Click on already built Solar Mall to open it's menu.
- Click on the "Fill" button to place a businesses inside your Solar Mall.
- All buildings of applicable type will be highlighted in your City for you to be able to place inside.
- You will be able to collect rent from your Solar Mall the same way you currently collect from malls, neighborhoods and government center. You will see a money bag over that section of your mall once it's ready to collect.
- Select the coin to collect from that section of your Solar Mall; once you click you will see the following pop-up informing you how much energy collecting from the currently selected neighborhood will cost you.
Step by Step Guide: Upgrading!
- 1st upgrade: 5 different parts, 10 of each.
- 2nd upgrade: 5 different parts, 15 of each
- Once each position is unlocked, you will be able to started the upgrade. Note: that you do not have to fill each unlocked space to upgrade to the next level, you just have to unlock them.
- When your neighborhood is ready to be upgraded you will see the green arrow icon on top of it.
- Click on the arrow to start the upgrade and you will see what parts are needed. You can get these by sending requests to your friends and posting requests to your feed, as well as by purchasing them with City Cash. Once you have gathered all the parts, just click on "Finish Building" to complete the construction.
Note: Upgrading to level 3 works the same way (please see the summary FAQ for the list of materials required). Once you have fully upgraded that section of your district you will be able to fill up to to maximum capacity of 15 businesses.
- Once you have upgraded a section of your Solar Mall you will see visual changes.